Are you interested in starting an online business? Is it your desire to take control of your financial future? Or perhaps you just want to learn to monetize your website/blog?
I could go on and on asking questions but I’ll stop here because my purpose with this review is to explain in detail every aspect that concerns Wealthy Affiliate so you can get to know if it’s the right program for you or not.
Table of Contents
- 1 Wealthy Affiliate review
- 2 Introduction to Wealthy Affiliate
- 3 Who is Wealthy Affiliate suited for?
- 4 Who is Wealthy Affiliate NOT suited for?
- 5 Pros & Cons
- 6 The two memberships: Starter and Premium
- 7 Wealthy Affiliate success stories
- 8 Is the Wealthy Affiliate university a scam?
- 9 My suggestion
Wealthy Affiliate review
.Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Overall Ranking: 97 out of 100
Owners: Kyle & Carson
Type: Online Business Program & Community
Price: $0 Starter Membership (join for free) + $49/month or $359/year
Who it is for: Beginners – Experts
Introduction to Wealthy Affiliate
In this section I will explain what is Wealthy Affiliate, as well as what is not Wealthy Affiliate and how Wealthy Affiliate works.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate can be defined as an online marketing training program, but I can assure you it’s so much more than that. The platform has an enormous community of more than 1,300,000 members (like 100,000 active members) that help and support each other, and it’s growing day after day. I need to say I had not seen anything like it before!
What is NOT Wealthy Affiliate?
It’s important that you know that Wealthy Affiliate is NOT an easy money making system or a get rich quick scheme, it’s not a MLM or network marketing company either, so if you think that you will start making money by merely joining WA it’s not going to happen.
How Wealthy Affiliate works
– 4 simple steps:
1. Choose a Niche
I’m sure you have a passion or there’s something you enjoy doing. There are millions of different ideas that you could turn into a business and Wealthy Affiliate is going to help you come up with your very own topic.
2. Build a Website
Building a website is a simple process within Wealthy Affiliate. It is going to be the foundation of your business.
Below you can watch and see how easy it is to build a completely functional website in a matter of 30 seconds.
3. Get Traffic & Visitors
Before you try to earn money with your website, you’ll need to focus on getting people to visit your website. Without people there’s no business.
Wealthy Affiliate provides the necessary tools that will help you attract people to your site.
4. Earn Money
Once you have an audience, you can promote your own products/services or you can join affiliate programs (free to join) to promote other companies products/services and earn revenue from them.
Example of how an affiliate marketer makes money from a website
The affiliate marketing business model simply works because there’s always people who are looking for answers to their questions.
For example, let’s say that you want to find out some tips on how to tan your face the proper way, so you Google “how to sun tan your face” and find the following results:
After that, you click the first result and you’re taken to a website about beauty brands. You start reading the article to learn step-by-step what you need to do to tan your face in the sun or salon and how to tan your face the sunless way.
At the end of the article there’s a list of products recommended by the affiliate marketer who’s written the article. See it in the screenshot below:
No matter the product you want to check out, you will be taken to Amazon. For example, if you check out the cleanser, you will see this page:
So, what will it happen if someone purchases that cleanser? The person who has written the article about “how to sun tan your face” will earn a commission.
That person has joined the Amazon affiliate program and is promoting some of the millions of products sold on Amazon.
He/She has written the article once but can get paid over and over again when people purchase one of the products on that list.
Imagine how much money she/he will earn if a lot of people land on that article and end up buying a product through the affiliate links.
Can you see the potential of building a profitable affiliate marketing business?
Who owns Wealthy Affiliate and when did it start?
This amazing online business training program & community was founded in 2005 (already 11 years) by two successful online entrepreneurs named Kyle Loudoun and Carson Lim and it has become the number one online training platform to build and grow a thriving online business.
Since the first day they have invested millions into developing the Wealthy Affiliate community and this will not stop.
They are very active and present within the WA community, and spend the most part of their time helping and guiding other members and trying to improve Wealthy Affiliate.
In case you have questions or some kind of issues you can contact them directly and they’ll do their best to help you. I can tell it’s really their desire to help others, they’re all about seeing you succeed! 🙂
Who is Wealthy Affiliate suited for?
I suppose not everyone will find Wealthy Affiliate like the best option because not everybody is willing to commit to learn and take action to build an online business and take it to the next level, some people are skeptical when it comes to online opportunities and others are already comfortable working a 9 to 5 job.
Anyway, who will benefit from Wealthy Affiliate?
- People who want to quit their job because they’re not happy with it.
- Minimum wage workers who want to get paid what they’re worth.
- People who want to start an online business but don’t know how to get started.
- Anyone looking to make an extra income.
- Retired people who have free time and want to supplement their social security.
- Current entrepreneurs who need some guidance to take their business to a whole new level.
- Website owners/bloggers who are looking for a reliable hosting platform.
- College students who need to pay off their student loans.
- People who would like to work from home.
- People who hate to work for someone else.
- Individuals who can’t seem to find a job.
- Folks who don’t know anything about online business but are curious to learn.
- People who want to turn their passion into a career.
As you can see, almost anyone can benefit from Wealthy Affiliate, from someone who doesn’t know a thing about online marketing to someone who is already making a full-time income with their business.
Who is Wealthy Affiliate NOT suited for?
I’m not going to lie and say that Wealthy Affiliate is perfect for everyone. There are certain groups of people who won’t benefit from Wealthy Affiliate. Do you want to know who?
- People who expect to get rich overnight. As I said in another section, Wealthy Affiliate is not a “fast money making system” that will make you rich quick. The platform will provide everything you need to build a sound online business but you’ll need to put in the work. Remember that nothing great comes in an easy way.
- People who want to use Wealthy Affiliate to promote their existing business. It is not allowed to promote any product/service within Wealthy Affiliate.
- Spammers. Wealthy Affiliate is a spam free community and a safe place for everyone to interact and get help. Anyone who does spam will get a penalty.
Pros & Cons
As I said before, Wealthy Affiliate is not perfect but it has way more advantages than disadvantages. In this section I will explain what’s good and not so good about this program.
- Clear plan of action. It’s very easy to understand where to start and know what to do next. There are task-based lesson courses that make it impossible for you to get lost.
- There’s training for all levels (beginners and advanced).
- There’s no limited time to act or do a task, you have the option to learn at your own pace and take the time you need to complete tasks.
- WAbinars (Wealthy Affiliate webinars), video trainings, step-by-step tutorials and courses. If you prefer to watch and listen you’ll choose video trainings but in case you like reading there are text tutorials. There’s information in all kind of formats!
- Thousands and thousands of helpful members inside the community.
- 13 full & interactive classrooms with tasks to complete.
- Interactive & live help from expert members and owners. If you have any questions or issues just ask! There’s always going to be someone trying to help you out 🙂
- 2 free and easy-to-build websites. Building a website is a simple process and can be done in 30 seconds!
- Advanced hosting (state of the art).
- A strict spam free environment. As I stated before, spam is not allowed within Wealthy Affiliate.
- No up-sells (except the Premium membership).
- $0 Membership (no credit card required). You can join and test it without spending a penny 😀
- No app or software installation required. You can access Wealthy Affiliate from any electronic device like your laptop and your smartphone as long as you have an Internet connection.
- There’s a huge amount of information and it can become overwhelming for beginners. You just need to take one step at a time and not want to explore everything at once!
- Sometimes I spend too much time on Live chat or checking out the latest blog posts and questions. It’s very addictive!
- The training is only in English (this could also be a motivation for people who want to learn more English lol).
- The free membership is not available in some countries due to reasons of fraud and spam. The countries excluded are: Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines and Vietnam. However, people from these countries can join as premium members directly.
I can’t think of more cons. There are way more advantages than disadvantages as I told you 🙂
The two memberships: Starter and Premium
In this section I will explain what is included in each membership and how much it costs to join.
What is included in the Starter Membership?
- 2 free websites & free hosting. All starter members have access to a WordPress Express website builder and get to build two websites that will be completely hosted on the WA state of the art hosting platform.
- Online Entrepreneur Certification – Getting Started (10 lessons). This is the first course you’ll take once you become a WA member.
- WA Affiliate Bootcamp – Starting Your Foundation (10 lessons). This is the course that teaches you to build an authority website.
- Access to 3 of the classrooms.
- Access to thousands of blog posts, training tutorials and video trainings.
- Live support from the owners and other experts inside WA (only first 7 days).
- 30 keyword searches a month.
- Live chat.
- The ability to create. You’ll be able to share what’s on your mind through blog posts, questions, comments…
- The WA Affiliate Program. Starter Members get to earn $4 for special offer referrals, then $11.25 monthly and $87.50 yearly commissions.
—->Sign up for FREE here
What is included in the Premium Membership?
- Access to all the training classrooms that cover a large variety of topics like video marketing, website development, SEO, PPC, social media marketing… just to mention a few.
- Personal mentoring from Kyle and Carson and support from expert members. You will be able to contact all WA members privately if you need anything, even the owners! 🙂
- 50 websites with unlimited hosting. Whether you want 5 or 50 websites, it is all included in the Premium Membership. You will also get to manage all your email accounts, contact website support whenever you want and many other functions.
- Jaaxy keyword research tool. This was a big update that took place in 2017. The Jaaxy keyword research tool is now integrated within Wealthy Affiliate, which means that you get unlimited keyword searches and everything listed in the picture below:
- Access to all the interactive live video training classes (WAbinars). As a Premium member, you will have access to all the webinars that take place every Friday and go along with questions & answers and covers tactics that will help you expand your business. You will also have access to all the live replays in case you had missed it or simply want to watch it again.
- Full access to the WA Community. You will have access to all the posts, questions and discussions (over 400,000) and will get to participate in them and interact with all members!
- Live chat.
- Access to all levels of the Online Entrepreneur Certification.
- Access to all levels of the WA Affiliate Bootcamp.
- 100% higher affiliate commission boost!
- Free SSL certificates for your websites hosted at WA (2017 update!).
- SiteSpeed. This will improve the speed of your site/s (new feature May 2017).
- PageSpeed Insights. Analyze your website/blog speeds (new feature October 2017).
- SiteContent. Writing platform within WA (new feature June 2017).
- SiteContent images. Over 1,000,000 free images for your site’s content (new feature October 2017).
How much does it cost?
- The Starter membership costs $0. It’s not a trial version so you’re never obligated to pay. Yes, it’s free for as long or as little as you want!
- The Premium membership has two options: you can pay $49 per month (I can get you a 61% discount if you sign up below), or you can make one payment of $359 a year ($0.98 per day) and save close to 40%, seems like a good deal!
As you can see above, both membership levels are awesome but obviously that the Premium membership offers more benefits.
However, the free option gives you all you need to get started and it’s not like other memberships that last a certain amount of days and then you need to pay to keep it, you’re never obligated to pay to be a WA member and can stay a free member for as long as you want to. A lot of people remain free members for months until they’re confident enough and decide to take their business to a whole new level.
Note that the yearly membership price ($359) has not increased since 2005, taking into consideration that WA has been evolving year after year.
Being a premium member will enable you to focus on your business and not worry about things like spending hours searching for answers to questions on the Internet, dealing with a separate hosting company or buying extra software for keyword research.
In my case, I went premium because I saw the potential of the program and knew that I was making the right decision.
Wealthy Affiliate success stories
You don’t need to believe me, just watch how many WA members have shared their success within the community. I have such a good time reading these kind of stories, they are so motivational! 😀
These are just a few examples of what’s possible to accomplish within WA. Every day more and more members are posting about their success, things like increasing their income, making their first sale or even having their site ranked in Google’s 1st page!
Is the Wealthy Affiliate university a scam?
I can assure you there’s nothing like Wealthy Affiliate out there. I personally don’t know about another program which lets you join without spending a coin and includes everything you need to start your own business.
To be honest, the first time I came across Wealthy Affiliate, I was suspicious and thought it was a scam because I had already been defrauded (luckily not a big scam) and I had also seen other people fall for scams so when I heard of WA I was like “I don’t think is legit because it seems too good to be true”.
However, I didn’t read any negative review about WA and the fact that they don’t ask for your credit card information to join was what made me give it a try, and damn I’m so glad that I did! I’ve learned a lot and I’m also making money.
What I like the most about Wealthy Affiliate is how helpful and caring are the owners and the members (they’re like my online family lol), how easy it is to follow the training, all the valuable tools and content you can find… In short terms, I love everything about WA!!
The training is easy to follow and understand, so I can’t find a reason why you are not capable of being successful if you’re committed to learning and taking action.
I’m no guru and I didn’t know anything about Internet marketing when I got started, so if I’m doing this, then I believe that you can do this too.
Once you’re inside, one of the owners, Kyle or Carson, will personally welcome you and I will get in touch with you and explain the steps you need to follow to get started.
I also let you know that you will always get my personal help and support!
Now is your time to stop getting scammed and get on the right track to make money online.
Below you can observe how the sign up page looks like. You’ll see my message and a form to fill out with your name, your email address, a password and a username in order to create your free account.
Albert Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.
Therefore, if you don’t do something different now, you can’t expect to get different results from the ones you’re getting now.
When it comes to building an online business —> The sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll be making money online!
Oh, one more thing, after joining Wealthy Affiliate for free, you need to set up your account by doing this:
- Upload a profile picture
That’s it! I’ve had such a good time writing this review, I hope you liked it 😉 If you have any questions or opinions, feel free to leave a comment below!
I would love to hear your thoughts and connect with you. You can also get in touch with me via my Wealthy Affiliate profile!
Thanks very much for reading this! 🙂